What is it ?
OPTIC is an international residency between Sweden (Sandviken) and Switzerland (Geneva) created by [krig] (Karin Bäckström & Jon Perman), Abigail Janjic and Natalia Commandari.
The residency offers the possibility for :
- a Swedish artist to come and develop a work in Geneva
- a Swiss artist to come and develop a work in Gästrikland/Gävle
Ultimately a project such as an exhibition, conference, workshop or other must be proposed by the resident.
During the months of August and September 2021 the residency is addressed to a Swedish artist to work in Geneva: OPEN CALL
During the months of May and June 2021 (preliminary dates) the residency is addressed to a Swiss artist to work in Gästrikland/Gävle: OPEN CALL
- To promote exchange between cultural actors from Switzerland and Sweden
- To provide a pleasant and enriching environment to develop a work
The resident can have an artistic activity in all areas of expression and not be a student anymore. There are no nationality or age requirements. English is recommended.
OPTIC is support by :
- Picto ( Ville de Genève & FPLCE )
- Region Gävleborg