What is it ?
OPTIC is an international residency between Sweden (Gävle) and Switzerland (Geneva) created by [krig] (Karin Bäckström & Jon Perman), Abigail Janjic and Natalia Comandari.
The residency offers the possibility for :
- a Swedish artist to come and develop a work in Geneva
- a Swiss artist to come and develop a work in Gästrikland/Gävle
Ultimately a project such as an exhibition, conference, workshop or other must be proposed by the resident.
During July the 14th and September the 14th 2021 the residency is addressed to a Swedish artist to work in Geneva, by OPEN CALL
During the months of September1st–October 30th 2021 the residency is addressed to a Swiss artist to work in Gästrikland/Gävle, by OPEN CALL HERE
- To promote exchange between cultural actors from Switzerland and Sweden
- To provide a pleasant and enriching environment to develop a work
The resident can have an artistic activity in all areas of expression and not be a student anymore. There are no nationality or age requirements. English is recommended.
Email your application to: email@example.com
Mark the email, application form and PDF in your application with “Optic X + name”Application deadline: May 30th 2021
If you have any questions contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
OPTIC is support by :
- Picto ( Ville de Genève & FPLCE )
- Region Gävleborg